Liturgical Literature Lists: July


I have decided to start a feature here on this blog called "Liturgical Literature Lists" where I make lists (one of my favorite things to do!) of books for Children and Adults of books to read for that particular month and its place in the Liturgical Year!

So, I will include books that I have read or heard good things about for Saints whose feast days happen to be during that month and if applicable books that apply to that particular season (i.e. Lent, Advent, Ordinary Time).

So without further ado, our first ever "Liturgical Literature List": JULY!

Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati - July 4
I was disappointed to not find any children's books about Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati.  He is the perfect Blessed for the summer months here in Idaho with his background in mountain-climbing and loving the outdoors.  I know a lot of children around here have a devotion to him. He is also known for his love of the Beatitudes which is a good theme for Ordinary Time.

Middle Grade/YA: 

Adults: 


St. Benedict of Nursia - July 11
Children: 

Middle Grade/YA:

Adults:


St. Kateri Takakwitha 14
Children:
Middle Grade/YA: 


Adults: 
Sts. Joachim & Anne - July 26
Children: 


St. Ignatius of Loyola - July 31 (My Classroom's Patron Saint!)
Children: 

Middle Grade/YA:
Saint Ignatius Loyola (Encounter the Saints) by Donna Giaimo (Encounter the Saints is another great series, though I have read fewer of them than Vision Books)

Adults: 
The Spiritual Excercises of St. Ignatius (Highly recommended for Ordinary Time)

What is on your Liturgical Literature List this July??





Comments

Popular Posts